[Lazarus] Simple embweb project hangs

Artur Stuczynski stootch at tlen.pl
Mon Jun 6 00:09:11 CEST 2011

W dniu 2011-05-29 21:01, Leonardo M. Ramé pisze:
> On 2011-05-29 11:56:46 -0700, ABorka wrote:
>> It will not fix your crash, but you are missing
>>
>> Handled:=True;
>>
>> from your action handler.
>>
>> AB
>
> Thanks. As you said, it doesn't fix the problem, a hang, not a crash.

I can (sort of) confirm this behavior. Steps to reproduce:

1. Select new 'Web application' from Lazarus menu
2. Add new action to WebModule, make it default
3. In OnRequest event put:

    AResponse.Content := 'Whatever';
    Handled := True;

4. Launch it within Lazarus
5. Point your browser to: http://localhost:7004/webproject1

I observe series of EResNotFound messages from the application, the
browser seems to be waiting for a reponse until 500 error is displayed
ultimately.

HOWEVER

Launch the webproject1 from command line and everything just works. At
first sight it looks like incorrect integration of Embweb with Lazarus?

Tested on Debian x86_64, Lazarus 0.9.31 and FPC 2.5.1 from trunk updated
two or three days ago.

Artur