[Lazarus] Absolute paths on different platforms

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 21:37:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

I found that Lazarus does a great job when one uses the same lpi/lpk
on different platforms. I currently have one question. If a path for
example to some library folder is absolute, I get obvious
non-existence error with a text "...contains a non-existing directory"
(for example when letter based windows paths used and I'm in linux and
press ok in project options ). I should just choose Ignore when the
message appear, but I suppose for a large project it can be tedious
and if I wrongly choose cancel,  I can lose some information (although
I can live with that). I know that I should avoid absolute paths, but
sometimes it's hard to do.

I see two options (if either possible)
- Ignore absolute paths from another platform (for example c:\src
found in linux Lazarus). But I'm not sure whether it's always
possible.
- Introduce a setting to suppress this warning. I think if it becomes
too tedious, I will be ready to switch this off completely. And it's
much easier to implement that the first suggestion. I tried to find,
maybe it's already there, but failed, sorry

Thanks,

Max