[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus in ubuntu

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:59:40 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/5/31 Max Vlasov <max.vlasov at gmail.com>:
> >
> > As Henry suggested I probably should do make install, I will try
> tomorrow,
>
> It's the custom on linux to install the stuff that you build from
> source into /usr/local/.  The debs will install into /usr, so you will
> have to doctor your fpc.cfg, which will point to /usr by default.  You
> can, however, use the INSTALL_PREFIX variable on the make command line
> to change the default install prefix.

Thanks, Henry, I did as you suggested and everything worked fine. Now when
I'm a little more familiar with how it's all working on linux I understand
that actually http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org and mail-list search
results contains all necessary information (so I probably could not bother
you and others), just that if I did this without your help I had to collect
pieces from different places.

Max