[Lazarus] Looking for vectors library

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:20:52 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's interesting. Felipe, you might then consider expanding/fixing
> AggPas instead of re-implementing it in fpvectorial.

I took a quick look and AggPas is very different from fpvectorial.
fpvectorial is focused on modular support for readers / writers and on
having the hability to modify elements.

AggPas says that it is a vectorial library, but I couldn't find any
API in http://www.crossgl.com/aggpas/documentation/index.html to
modify already added elements, only to remove all. It seams that in
AggPas one will simply add all elements and then afterwards one can
render this finished image many times. It seams to be really focused
on drawing.

Of course I could have heavily modified AggPas instead of starting
fpvectorial, but if that would be an option something like 4 years ago
when I started fpvectorial, there is no chance of doing that now that
I have many apps that use it, published articles about it and even
clients.

Anyway both libraries are very different, so I don't see much
duplication here. In fact, AggPas could be added to fpvectorial as a
new Canvas outputter. This should make fpvectorial rendering much
better.

Does anyone know if AggPas is able to render only the visible
elements? (which means that in a drawing with 10.000 elements it will
save time by only drawing the 100 visible elements). Or if it is fast
enough to be used in the OnPaint event? That would be excelent, I
already wanted since some time of a better renderer for fpvectorial
and AggPas could be it.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho