[Lazarus] [TIP]: Installing Lazarus under Linux via SVN (Ubuntu 11.04 or later)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Jun 2 21:59:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>>
>> "make bigide" compiles an IDE with lots of packages. This is used by
>> the installers you find on the website too.
>>
>> It is enough to do
>>
>> make bigideclean all bigide
>>

>>> On Windows, to compile Lazarus at the first time, I use:
>>> make clean all OPT="-glw2"
>>>
>>> What is the correct?
>>
>> All of them.
>
> So, for the first compilation I can use:
> make clean all OPT="-glw2"
>
> But to update Lazarus, I can use a BAT with:
> make bigideclean all bigide
> (in root Lazarus directory)
>
> Is that correct?
> Because I prefer compile Lazarus with a script instead use the IDE.

OK. I changed my script[1] (Windows) to compile Lazarus.
Before, I used it to make a new Lazarus, but to update it I always
used the Build menu command on the IDE.
Now I can update it with the script:

@echo on
set myroot=c:\freepascal
set myFPC=%myroot%\compiler\2.4.5
set mybinutils=%myroot%\binutils
set PATH=%mybinutils%\i386-win32;%myFPC%\bin\i386-win32

cd ide\laz\0.9.30

lazbuild --build-all --recursive --build-ide=
  --primary-config-path=%myroot%\ide\laz\config\

Everything works!
--
But... do not exists many ways to do the same task?
make ...

Do not is better have an only way to do this?

Marcos Douglas