[Lazarus] [TIP]: Installing Lazarus under Linux via SVN (Ubuntu 11.04 or later)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Jun 3 15:23:41 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
> On 6/2/2011 14:54, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> So, for the first compilation I can use:
>> make clean all OPT="-glw2"
>>
>> But to update Lazarus, I can use a BAT with:
>> make bigideclean all bigide
>> (in root Lazarus directory)
>>
>> Is that correct?
>> Because I prefer compile Lazarus with a script instead use the IDE.
>
> +100000 :)
>
> i use your wiki page tutorial every time i update...

I'm glad for this!

> i/we need to figure out
> why or what to do to be able to compile FPC and LAZ after a SVN Update from
> the commend line... currently, i have to wipe them, to a clean SVN Update,
> then run the .BAT files...

To compile FPC after of SVN update, I use:
@echo on

set myroot=%cd%
set myFPC=%myroot%\compiler\2.4.5
set mybinutils=%myroot%\binutils
set PATH=%mybinutils%\i386-win32;%myFPC%\bin\i386-win32

cd %myFPC%

rd /s /q  %myfpc%\examples

make clean all install INSTALL_PREFIX=%myFPC%
   PP=%mybinutils%\ppc386.exe

Saw the 'rd' command?  =)

> FWIW: the last part of my makefpc.bat goes to the proper directory and
> creates the fpc.cfg file ;)

Very good. But you only create this file once, right?

Marcos Douglas