[Lazarus] Problem using packages

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 6 12:08:09 CEST 2011

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:28:29 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> When I try to run the examples/EasyTree/EasyDocking

Maybe you mean examples/dockmanager/easytree/easydocking.lpi ?

It compiles here.

> project, the
> following messages appear (fpc 2.4.2):
>
> "Compiling package FCL 1.0.1" completed
> "Compiling package LCLBase 1.0.1" completed
> "Compiling package LCL 1.0.1" completed
> "Compiling package EasyDockMgr 1.0" completed
> Options changed, recompiling clean with -B
> PPU Loading
> D:\git2\lazarus\examples\dockmanager\lib\i386-win32\easydocksite.ppu
> PPU Source: easydocksite.pas not found
> PPU Source: zoneheader.inc not found
> PPU Source: easy_dock_images.lrs time 2010/12/13 14:27:20 *
> ..\package\easydockmgr.pas(10,5) Fatal: Can't find unit EasyDockSite
> used by EasyDockMgr
>
> What can be wrong, forcing "Options changed..."?

"Options changed" means the compiler parameters of last and current
build differ. The IDE writes more details to stdout (--debug-log).

> The console output shows (before above messages?):
>
> TProject.DoLoadStateFile Statefile not found:
> D:\git2\lazarus\examples\dockmanager\easytree\easydocking.compiled
> TMainIDE.CheckIfPackageNeedsCompilation  No state file for Project
>
> Then the recompile -B is invoked.

The state file contains the last compiler parameters. If there is no
state file then the IDE does not know the last params, so it assumes
the worst and compiles with -B.

> Some more strange messages from the console:
>
> PPU Loading
> D:\git2\lazarus\examples\dockmanager\lib\i386-win32\easydocksite.ppu
> PPU Source: easydocksite.pas not found
> PPU Source: zoneheader.inc not found
> File easy_dock_images.lrs is newer than PPU file
> D:\git2\lazarus\examples\dockmanager\lib\i386-win32\easydocksite.ppu
> PPU Source: easy_dock_images.lrs time 2010/12/13 14:27:20 *
> easydocksite.pas(12,23) Fatal: Can't find unit EasyDockSite used by
> EasyDockMgr
>
> How can a file from 2010 be newer than a just compiled one?

Maybe you are looking at the wrong easy_dock_images.lrs?
The IDE does not check/warn for ambiguous include files.

> No such problem occurs with a different --pcp (not the one Lazarus was
> built with), same compiler. I'd understand when problems occur with
> different options in *different* configs, but different options in the
> *same* config???

Mattias