[Lazarus] gdb version [Re: Several issues - Call Stack]

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Mon Jun 6 18:30:36 CEST 2011

On 6/6/2011 08:31, Martin wrote:

>>> Win 7 ?   32 bit?
>>>

>> WindowsXP 32bit
>>
>> GDB from 2.4.2 fcp installer
>
> Any reason why not taking the newer GDB from Lazarus installer? (gdb 7.2)

Avoid extra download. I already have fpc one. From lazarus i get only
the source.

Anyway, it's was working fine until recently.

As a general rule i use the provided by fpc stable release that is
supposed to work with the respective compiler version

> Of course you do not need to, older gdb are supported (or should be)

In my opinion it should support at least the gdb provided by the
supported compiler version.

BTW: next Lazarus release will support fpc 2.4.2?

Luiz