[Lazarus] New application type: HTTP standalone server

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 7 09:00:05 CEST 2011

On 06/06/2011 05:44 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> How are they related? One is an async synchronize() and timer is a ...
In fact I am not talking about implementation details but about what the
application programmer sees.

For same both are main thread events (procedure calls) that are fired
asynchronously from the main thread by some external source. (There are
more of those  besides the two I mentioned. )

The _implementation_ of such stuff needs to be done in the LCL and is
done with (e.g.)  Windows and GTK2 Application but not with several others.

-Michael