[Lazarus] Writing a custom lazarus dropdown control

Erwin van den Bosch erwin at deseine.nl
Wed Jun 8 20:45:20 CEST 2011

Op 8-6-2011 20:21, Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Unfortunately I can't commend on LCL, but I can say it would be rather
> easy to implement in fpGUI. I think it should be quipe doable in LCL
> too.

Graeme, I don't know much about fpGui. I will look at fpGui.

> Issues with your component:
> Running the sample application you gave, your component has some
> rather odd behaviour. Click the 'v' to get the dropdown panel to
> appear. Now drag the main form away. Your dropdown panel stays in
> limbo, and don't close on loosing mouse focus.

You are right. But I stripped down the component. Removed a lot of code
to make it easier to focus on the essential parts of this component.
What I need is a way to:
- View the dropdown panel but the focus must stay in the edit control
- The panel must be on top of the window and stay on top
- The window must keep the focus (stay active window)
- The panel may display itself over the border of the window
- Shadow is nice but not needed
- Buttons in the edit control is nice but they can also be on the right
site near the edit.

Erwin