[Lazarus] How to PostMessage to object?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jun 9 13:53:35 CEST 2011

 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> hat am 9. Juni 2011 um 13:22
geschrieben:

 > On 09/06/2011 13:17, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
 > >
 > > Well, that is an "argument from ignorance".
 >
 > Then the documentation was written by the arrogant - expecting everybody
 > else to be mind readers.
I think you overstate it. The LCL is not thread safe. It's said on the multi
threading tutorial and it is the standard example for TThread.Synchronize.
Only if the documentation explicitly says a method is thread safe it is. Maybe
this needs to be made more clear. Any ideas, where?
There are a few low level functions like FileExistsUTF8 which are thread safe
and needs to be documented that they are.

 > > The purpose is to execute a method outside the event where it was
 > > initiated. For example to free a TEdit inside its OnKeyDown event or to
 > > switch the focus in an OnEnter event.
 >
 > While you are at it, would you mind updating the documentation for
 > QueueAsyncCall() - thus avoiding any future confusion.
 Ah, I forgot to commit the docs directory.

 Mattias