[Lazarus] thread safe

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 12:49:59 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>>> Only if the documentation explicitly says a method is thread safe it is.
>>> Maybe this needs to be made more clear. Any ideas, where?
>> What is "thread safe"?
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thread+safe&l=1
>
> A piece of code is "thread safe" if it can be safely invoked by
> multiple threads at the same time.

As already explained, I'm not comfortable with that definition.

Which aspect would cover access to shared objects by different "pieces
of code"?

>> [...]
>> After all: how/where can I find thread-related Lazarus/FPC
>> documentation? My wiki search was not really successful :-(
>
> What words did you search?
> I got results on Thread, Threads and Multithreading.

Yes, hundreds of results per search - this is not really helpful :-(

It would help, to some degree, if a language could be specified, so that
the results are not crowded with any number of translated pages.

DoDi