[Lazarus] thread safe

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 14 14:13:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:26:07 +0200
Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 06/14/2011 12:02 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Why do you think so?
> Sorry I have been typing much faster than thinking here (again). I had
> meant to be talking about TTlist. :-[ :-[ :-[

Your mails contain so many confusions - "TThread.Add", "completely
thread safe", "separate-instance-thread safe", TList with TThreadList and now "TTlist". You are a very confused troll.
This thread started about "thread safe" LCL functions.
If you want that FCL functions/methods be documented whether they are
thread safe or not you can ask on the fpc lists or create a feature
request.

>[...]
> Simply stating that TList.Add is "not thread save" (which of course is
> perfectly correct) would prevent using a TList instance as a data store
> e.g. in a thread class that itself is instantiated multiple times. There
> using TThreadList would be overkill.

Mattias