[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 08:21:34 CEST 2011

2011/6/21 Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx>

> IMO
>
> Then we need to define clearly what is our goal, are we (by default) trying
> to replicate delphi menu layout?, if yes then we can talk about
> "compatibility" and lets change the whole layout once for all so we can
> start getting used to it, if not, then this is non sense.
>
> If the argument is better functionality then go for it, but in absence of
> better arguments I prefer to not move the menu layout until some mechanism
> for personalization is invented and integrated by default.

Hi

I don't see a reason to follow Delphi's menu layout either.

However other reasons I like the new order with Run as first item for. "Run"
is always used to run a project. The IDE takes care of compilation and
everything else.
It is the most intuitive order for a new user and that is what counts. The
"old" user always gets accustomed to menu order and other GUIs and soon
doesn't pay attention to it.

Was your comment mostly about the change I already did inside Run menu, or
about the proposed move to project menu?
It seems we are not moving anything now. Later with project group and such
new menu entries we can reconsider.

Juha