[Lazarus] Call abstract method in SynEdit

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Jun 23 14:50:58 CEST 2011

 Hi Martin,

>> Any idea what could be causing this? I tried by assigning a
>> highlighter to the component, but it should just work fine without it
>> as well. When I try an empty project then everything works just fine.
>
> What have you set as Highligther (Synedit.Highlighter := xxxxx) ?
>
> It seems the Highlighter you use, does not implement all the required
> methods.

 I found that there was a highlighter set somewhere in the code (I'm
 porting a delphi project). You're conclusions are right, it's not
 implementing everything properly. For now I have disabled the
 highlighter all together.

> Some background on writing a highlighter:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/SynEdit_Highlighter
 Thanks for the tip! I will use this once I'll try to enable the
 highlighter again.

 Regards, Darius