[Lazarus] Compile and Build menu entries, Run- or Project-menu?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Jun 23 16:07:56 CEST 2011

On 23/06/2011 14:46, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I knew I would get in trouble when I started to change the menu structure.
> In some places the structure was clearly wrong but in some others it
> is a matter of opinion and habbit.
>
> This one is a matter of opinion and habbit.
> I like the new order because I never use "Build" myself. I hit "Run"
> and the project is built automatically.
> Why would someone want to build a project without running it? Running
> is the ultimate goal, right?
>
> Now I realized that KDE really graps Ctrl-F9 and I didn't find a way
> to change it.
> F9 works well though.
>
> What shall I do with this ? Some people like the change and some
> people expect me to revert it.

My 2 cents. revert. If it isn't a clear case, conservative may be better.

Or split, IMHO having 2 (max 3) entries above run, is ok (but currently
it's 5):
(Though that may create more discussions, than it solves)

- Compile (or even just Quick Compile)
- maybe Quick Compile OR Build
- Abort
- -----
- Run
- ----
other build options

Compile, is include in build.
but "quick compile" might be done without Runto follow
and "build" might want to be forced before run