[Lazarus] First impressions of Lazarus under Mac OS X

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 24 06:50:37 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

These issues apply to all platforms:

> 4) My application dock is aligned to the left edge of my screen -
> unlike the default bottom centre. Launching Lazarus IDE for the first
> time, the Object Inspector and the Main Form of the IDE was hidden
> behind the dock. I've got a screenshot of it if that will help explain
> it.

This is a known problem for all platforms. I already addressed it in an
extension of TScreen, where the usable range of screen or monitor
coordinates (BoundsRect?) could take into account a task bar - but this
requires according support on all platforms.

Apart from that I'm still waiting for *full* support of negative display
coordinates, as occur on my multi-monitor system :-(

> 5) The main form of the IDE was HUGE. Spanning the whole width of the
> iMac's display. That just looked totally out of place, but that's
> maybe just my opinion.

+1 :-(

Half of the screen width would be sufficient on nowadys 16:9 wide
flatscreens, with room for a full-height editor window beneath it.

DoDi