[Lazarus] LCL-supplied default fixed-width font (Was: First impressions of Lazarus under Mac OS X)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:32:56 CEST 2011

On 06/23/2011 09:55 PM, Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> Wouldn't it be a nice addition for LCL to provide a function or
> constant with a default fixed-width font (and maybe others) for the
> platform?

I think it would be, because currently LCL cross-platform font usage is
not very good. My first impressions with Mac OS X proved it more so. For
a possible solution, see what I did in fpGUI. I have mentioned it here
in the mailing list too... search for 'font aliases'. And yes, it will
definitely not be Delphi compatible, but then again, Delphi doesn't
support multiple platforms - so they don't have that issue.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/