[Lazarus] Absolute paths on different platforms

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 22:50:33 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Max Vlasov wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found that Lazarus does a great job when one uses the same lpi/lpk
>> on different platforms. I currently have one question. If a path for
>> example to some library folder is absolute, I get obvious
>> non-existence error
>
> The third possibility is to keep your directory structure the same on all
> platforms, e.g. Lazarus in /usr/local/share/lazarus and your sources in
> /usr/local/src. If you treat a Linux system as your master, and are fairly
> careful about not copying stuff back from Windows unless really necessary,
> you won't "pollute" paths with things like drive letters.

Mark, I agree and always try to do this way, I just mentioned word
"library", but I should have probably tell more. I sometimes link
against c-originated libraries, and adding for example {$linklib gcc}
leads absolutely different things in paths option on two platforms.
Even if I manage to exclude drive letters, the expanded path from the
relative one (I should choose for linking on linux) won't probably
exist on windows.

Max