[Lazarus] Absolute paths on different platforms

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:54:58 CEST 2011

On 26.06.2011 10:28, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Does Windows still support commands like "subst" and "join"?
> Alternatively I believe that it does now have an equivalent of symlinks
> for directories.

Another possiblity are "drive absolute paths". If you start a path with
a "\" instead of the drive name (e.g. "C:\") then the path "\lazarus"
will refer to "C:\lazarus" if your current working directory is a
directory on "C:\" and to "F:\lazarus" if you're currently in a
directory on that drive.

This can even be used to make applications that reside on USB drives
portable.

Regards,
Sven