[Lazarus] thread safe

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 28 14:40:20 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 12:44 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> This is exactly what I wanted to say. A critical section does *not*
> enforce a MB (by visibility).
All references I read today say that pthread_mutex (on which supposedly
TCriticalSection is based) and the appropriate Windows stuff does
contain an MB. But there might be issues with other OSes and Archs.

If they would not do so, the complete plain old threaded application
paradigm would be invalid, and tons of applications would need to be
trashed.

-Michael