[Lazarus] Subject line with TAB characters inserted

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:19:05 CET 2011

Hi,

A little while ago, somebody mentioned the annoying thing of subject
lines starting to look different with TAB characters inserted in them. I
have noticed this for a while now, but couldn't figure out what was
causing it.

I think I figured out the culprit. The issue is with Gmail! It seems if
the subject line is over X characters long, then Gmail starts inserting
TAB characters between the remaining words over X characters. Beats me why??

I have noticed this same behaviour in other mailing lists too. The tab
characters issue only starts when somebody using a Gmail account replies
to a message, or starts a message, that has a long subject line.

Anybody know where one files a bug report with Google? Or if this has
already been done?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/