[Lazarus] TVirtualStringView (new trunk) and issues with items display

ik idokan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:49:02 CET 2011

Hello,

I have created the demo of
TVirtualStringView<https://github.com/ik5/TVirtualTreeView-examples/tree/master/src/demo1>from
the wiki (with few changes), and when I compile it, it just display
the
first char of the caption of each item, rather then the whole string.

By Using gdb, I found out that on the TVirtualStringView side, the
FOnGetText(Self, Node, Column, TextType, Text); line (VirtualTres.pas, line
31376) have only one char, while on the original code it does have the full
string.

I tried to convert the string (It's only ascii a-z0-9) to UTF-8 thinking
that's the problem, but it is not.

I'm using Lazarus 0.9.31 r30000M FPC 2.5.1 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

Is there a bug in the new component, or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks,

Ido

LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il