[Lazarus] Android and QT ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 1 23:55:05 CET 2011

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, alex kovacic wrote:

> -
>
> This might be of interest to all LAZARUS developers/users. Take look at the LiMO foundation (consortium of companies for next
> generation of hand held devices)
> http://www.limofoundation.org/en/what-is-the-platform.html
> http://www.limofoundation.org/
>
> The takeaway message from this is that EFL (enlightenment foundation libs) are the main libs proposed by the foundation to
> develop the next generation of hand held devices. What is disturbing is that lasarus/fpc has no bindings for these super fast
> libs.

Fast, maybe. But also primitive.
There are very few widgets available in elementary (no surprise, given the name ;) ).
It looks like it is indeed geared towards PDA/Mobiles. Lazarus would have to develop most other widgets by itself.
What also comes as a surprise is the very long list of dependencies. Compare with fpGUI, which only needs X11.

In each case, we'll certainly welcome header translations.

Michael.