[Lazarus] Android and QT ?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Mar 2 09:31:35 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 11:35 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> The nasty surprise here is that Android implemented their GUI library
> in Java, and users cannot run native executables.

(re-phrased previous mail)

AFAIK, at the beginning native application have been strictly
discouraged, but with a more recent version, they seem to be acceptable.
They seem to need some Java wrapper to be startable from the Android
user interface. I suppose to do a GUI for a native code Android
application there are several alternatives

  - do some callbacks to the Java environment that started the native
code to use the Java based GUI library

  - directly use the Framebuffer API (in Lazarus this would hopefully be
possible some day using the fpGUI Widget Type, as <AFAIK> Graeme is
planning to implement a Fframebuffer interface for same, additionally to
the already existing X interface

  - install QT (as the OP in this thread suggested).

-Michael