[Lazarus] Android and QT ?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:29:47 CET 2011

Op 2011-03-02 11:07, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
>> It looks like it is indeed geared towards PDA/Mobiles. Lazarus would
>> have to develop most other widgets by itself.
> This is what fpGUI is about.

Yes, that is one of its uses. There are quite a few developers I know of
that use fpGUI successfully on Embedded Linux devices, and on some
Windows CE devices.

> Hopefully a future fpGUI will be able to use the framebuffer API if X11
> is not available.

You can count on that! With my frustration ever growing over the bad X11
performance, the Linux Framebuffer support will come sooner rather than
later. I'm playing around with Haiku too. My 7 year old laptop only uses
the VESA driver in Haiku, yet it has mindblowing fast graphics and mouse
cursor-to-window edge lag while resizing is near zero (same for Windows
and MacOS). Linux desktop graphics on that same system (and any other
system) is appalling! Compiz and wobble windows etc are just trying to
detract user from that fact.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/