[Lazarus] Next FPC official release

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 11:58:21 CET 2011

On 04.03.2011 20:36, ABorka wrote:
> On 3/4/2011 09:54, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> 2011/3/4 Vincent Snijders<vincent.snijders at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> If you use lazarus trunk svn head,with fpc trunk, you must use fpc
>>> trunk *svn head* too. You did not, so your fpc 2.5.1 was too old.
>>>

>> So, if you update lazarus and compilation fails with fpc 2.5.1, you
>> must update fpc too.
>>
>> Vincent
>
> Just as a note, sometimes there can be additional problems with
> compiling FPC/Lazarus from SVN.
> In both the case of FPC and Lazarus, sometimes a file or two gets moved
> between directories in the SVN directory tree and when someone does a
> "make clean..." after an "svn update..." the clean will not remove the
> older one from the install "units" directory and that can cause problems
> with future compiles, rebuilds.
> Sometimes I got "checksum changed" error in a file at rebuild, sometimes
> packages did not compile, sometimes the rebuild did not find things, etc.
>
> I just had this problem a few days ago when after 2-3 months I updated
> my FPC and Lazarus SVN from the trunk and tried to recompile both.

That's why I do it the following way:

I have one directory for FPC and one for Lazarus which are the SVN
working copies (but I'm not "working" in them). When I do an update I
export that working copy to a build directory and build the new version
there. If that new build works I remove my old build and move the new
one to the location of the old build. So I don't have the problem of
forgotten files ^^ (and I normally keep my Lazarus configuration as well)

Regards,
Sven