[Lazarus] The perfect Linux distro for FPC and Lazarus development

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:33:39 CET 2011

Op 2011-03-07 12:58, Frank Church het geskryf:

> How about a stock VMWare, VirtualBox, Amazon EC2 image that is setup
> just right for perfect Lazarus/FPC development, with all the options
> setup exactly right?

I thought about that years ago, but not everybody has a beefy system to
run a VM session with good performance. Slackware is easy enough to
setup, and comes with all development libraries that you need to develop
with FPC and Lazarus. Thus, that is good enough for me.

> Can you setup an Amazon EC2 image with all your preferred goodies, that
> anyone could just clone and develop merrily after?

Is that one of those cloud thingies? I'm afraid the only clouds I know,
are the ones that bring rain. ;-)

Like I told somebody else in a private message, if the download size is
too large compared to an 700MB Ubuntu download. Why not try your local
university, library or Freedom Toaster. They tent to mirror lots of open
source software, and you can simply bring your own DVD's and burn copies
for free. Those options are available in South Africa, so other
countries are bound to have something similar.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/