[Lazarus] TortoiseSVN help.... error in Installing Lazarus wiki --- there is no download the source option

Bernd Kreuss prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:03:37 CET 2011

On 12.03.2011 23:27, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> What does lazsvn offer as extra that the command line client (svn)
> doesn't? What exactly does the lazsvn package add to the svn
> experience?

A few things are done faster with the mouse instead of using the command
line. You can quickly browse through the log, see what files were
modified in each revision and show diffs or open that file in the editor
with a mouse click, if you have modified more files than those you want
to commit then you can easily select them from a list of modified files
in the commit dialog before sending them.

And instead of sending them to the server you can also create a patch
file for all selected files directly from within the commit dialog. This
is very helpful if you want a comfortable tool to create patch files
(for all those who contribute to a project by sending patches to
somebody instead of committing directly to the repository).

It does nothing you can't do from the command line but it makes a few
things easier and helps keeping the overview if you made many changes to
your working copy. I made the enhancements to lazsvn mainly because I
needed a tool to easily create patch files for individual changes in my
working copy to submit them to the lazarus bug tracker. I wanted to be
able to select the files from a list of all my changed files and then
click just one button and have a patch file and also to be able to
review and edit the generated patch file (remove unrelated hunks) before
it is saved to disk.

These things can also be done with TortoiseSVN on Windows but I am
mainly on Linux and I did not find any decent svn GUI to help me with
exactly this use case, so I built it into the already existing lazsvn
package.

Bernd