[Lazarus] QuickSort procedure - raised exception class 'External SIGSEGV'

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Mon Mar 14 13:41:56 CET 2011

Hi Joerg,

> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:17:09 +0100
> From: joerg.schuelke at gmx.de
> To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] QuickSort procedure - raised exception class 'External SIGSEGV'
>
> Am Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:29:36 +1100
> schrieb Peter Williams <pewilliams2010 at live.com>:
>
> > Procedure QuickSort( Var island_single_array : island_single_type;
> >   left, right : integer);
> >   Var
> >     d       : island_single_type;
>
> The initialzation of d is missing. Accessing d results SIGSEGV. In the
> original code d is initialized by
>
> >    d       : ptrArray Absolute da;
>
> thats now broken. What do you think how many implementations of
> quicksort are around? Is it realy needed to write a new one?
> Excuse my bad english, i'm native german speaking.

I am well aware that that's what is now broken. I am asking how to fix it.
I am sure that there are many QuickSorts around but I was trying to work with a legacy one which I had on my hard disk. E.g. I need a version that works.
I would really like to know how to make it work. If someone knows how to make it work, then now would be the time to speak up. :-)
PEW