[Lazarus] TExtendedNotebook without drop arrows on GTK

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Mar 14 22:50:18 CET 2011

On 14/03/2011 21:43, dibo20 at wp.pl wrote:
> W dniu 14.03.2011 22:06, Martin pisze:
>> On 14/03/2011 19:52, dibo20 at wp.pl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is lazarus source editor using TExtendedNotebook from "LazControls"
>>> palette? Because when I change tab position by mouse drag, source
>>> editor component have arrows which shows new position, but
>>> TExtendedNotebook doesn't have (only drag cursor is changing). This
>>> is only on GTK, on windows I see arrows.
>>
>> Yes it does. and I was able to reproduce your problem
>>

>> It works only if the extended notebook is in the top-left corner of
>> the window
>>
>> Seems TNoteBook.TabRect otherwise returns incorrect data
> You have right, because I have TToolBar in my project so this is not
> (1,1) point. In empty form with align=alclient I see arrows. You are
> author of this component or should I report this on bug trucker?
I wrote the ExtendedNotebook, but the bug is in the parent control/ in
the widgetset.

I should have added to the last ,mail => yes please report as a bug:

TPageControl.TabPosition returns the wrong rect, if TPageControl is not
in top/left corner.

then give the example with extended notebook.

Well it is either win32 or gtk that is wrong, since they should return
the same results. If win32 is wrong then ext-notebook needs a fix too.