[Lazarus] More explorations with tiOPF

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:28:13 CET 2011

Am 15.03.2011 16:15, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> - SQLite can be embedded without needing to distribute a DLL. (Although
>> I no longer use this feature)
>
> ... and Firebird Embedded can share it's dll with multiple applications
> on that same system, reducing the byte size of each database application
> on that system. ;-)

I can't comment on the other points, but on this one: You can do this
with SQLite as well. It's just a normal shared library (that can be
statically linked if you want, of course).

I have another point for SQLite:
SQLite supports more (processor) platforms than Firebird. Especially it
seems that Firebird does not support ARM - please correct me if I've
read this wrong on the Firebird site.

Regards,
Sven