[Lazarus] project | close project

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 16 07:53:23 CET 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:28:49 +0100
Eduard Filipas <eduard.filipas at volja.net> wrote:

> hi im sorry..for two things..
>
> first... it does not close amidietly first after chosing close project a
> window appeirs (project wizard) and closing that window with an X(at top
> right) closes IDE.

Ah. Yes, closing the window is the same as choosing "Quit IDE".
Then it is not a crash.

>[...]
> >> i just had to change zeos komponents within lazarus 9.31 it all went
> >> fine just it was bit confusing because in menu Project | Close project
> >> doesnt just closes project it also shuts down Lazarus but then again
> >> when i restart lazarus i get the same project up again ...took me a
> >> while to go to file close editor files...but if it would be posible it
> >> would be nice if lazarus would stay open if we close project so then
> >> components can be replaced...it does sound more logical to close project
> >> rather then to close editor files.. dont know if this has been already
> >> addressed ...just  a note :)

I guess with "replace components" you mean install/uninstall components
in the component palette. You don't need to close the project for that.
It is the same as in many other IDE: Simply install/uninstall
packages. For example via Packages / Install/Uninstall packages.

Mattias