[Lazarus] Using BGRABitmap as TAChart back-end

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:45:39 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 19:35, Marc Weustink <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:
> Alexander Klenin wrote:
>>
>> Since there seems to be no support for alpha-channel in LCL,
>> I plan to implement series transparency by using BGRABitmap compoment.
> Its not optimal now, but the LCL will support alpha one day

But this day is far away, I gather?
Perhaps BGRABitmap may be (partially) intergated into the LCL?

Anyway, the question was also about managing package dependencies --
TAChart already have, besides default TCanvas back-end,
AggPas, OpenGL and Printer back-ends, and SVG is planned.
Since these back-ends are useful to only a small part of users,
I do not want TAChart to depend on all these packages by default.

--
Alexander S. Klenin