[Lazarus] the new menu "source"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:14:12 CET 2011

Am 17.03.2011 10:14, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 17:07, zeljko<zeljko at holobit.net>  wrote:
>> On Thursday 17 of March 2011 08:02:16 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> Op 2011-03-16 22:29, Žilvinas Ledas het geskryf:
>>>
>>> Brilliant idea! I use shortcuts extensively, but for some reason could
>>> never remember the default one for "rename identifier". So I used
>>> Shift+F6 - the same shortcut as in Total Commander (also a tool I use
>>> often, even under Linux) for renaming files.
>>>
>>> F2 is even better. :)
>>>
>>> Now only if I can find the time to complete my IDE add-on that allows
>>> you to print out your keyboard shortcuts as a reference card.
>>
>> Yes, that would be nice thing to have.
>>

> I'd vote for Ctrl+Shift+E:
> 1) Delphi compatibility (it is importatnt for me at least, at times I
> have to switch IDE's every 15 minutes)

There are already differences in the key mappings.

E.g. in Delphi you need to use "Ctrl+Shift+I" to indent a selection
while in Lazarus "Ctrl+I" is enough.

If you want the key mappings Delphi compatible, then you should select
them that way (maybe a Delphi compatible key configuration can be added
for those people).

> 2) IMO F2 is too prominent for this

That on the other hand might indeed be a valid reason for not using it...

Regards,
Sven