[Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Reinier Napoles Martinez rnapoles at hlg.uci.cu
Thu Mar 17 23:31:29 CET 2011

>> Martin write
>Btw, what do you hope of a new port?

I'm not completely sure if I answer your question.

I want port all the components of Synedit to lazarus to be 100% functional. Later I want  port  SynEditStudio components, who allow  loading  the syntax from XML and supports unicode.

For example the Component SynCompletionProposal  supports pretty textout
Handle two StringList,insertList and  ItemList.
Supports Param completion and show hint about the code

Example:

SynCompletionProposal1.InsertList.Add('constructor \column{}\style{+B}Create\style{-B}(AOwner: TCustomSynEdit)')

SynCompletionProposal1.ItemList.Add('Create');

print Create in bold on the Completion window and insert Create in the editor

The Synedit component support  around the  50 Syntax Highlighter.

about SynWeb Some features:    taken from http://code.google.com/p/synweb/

    * support for embedded:
          o PHP, CSS, JS in XHTML/HTML
          o PHP in CSS (.css), JS (.js), WML
    * support for ANSI and Unicode version of SynEdit
    * faster about 2-10 times than using TSynMultiSyn
    * full validation for tags (also checks for valid '/>' or '/') and its attributes for HTML across difference versions (for XHTML - case sensitive)
    * values in tags without quotation are also highlighted as ValueAttrib (only in HTML, in XHTML is highlighted as error because, XHTML doesn't allow for unquoted values)
    * support for WML 1.1/1.2/1.3
    * in CSS validation for tags (you can set also HTML version)
    * validation for special entity characters (eg. &, ©)
    * almost FULL validation for CSS across CSS1 and CSS2.1
    * support for

      <script language="php">

      as start tag for PHP (also <?, <?php, <?=, <%)
    * end tags for PHP doesn't stop in strings, comments (stops only in singleline), etc, you can now write "<?xml ... ?>" and PHP mode doesn't stop,
    * support for custom HEREDOC names (defined in TStringList, or any you type - comparing based on CRC8)
    * support for encapusled vars or escaped chars in strings (different highlighter attrib) with error checking
    * any word in PHP (but not keyword or function name) written in UpperCase highlighted as ConstantAttrib
    * ActiveHighlighterSwitch - see demo (check 'Active HL' in demo app)
    * parsed source code of php to get built-in function names (for php4 and php5+PECL)
    * any many more.

How  I can share the code  I've changed with the lazarus project

Sorry for my english ;)