[Lazarus] Synedit and SynWeb port

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Mar 18 01:03:06 CET 2011

On 17/03/2011 22:31, Reinier Napoles Martinez wrote:
>>> Martin write
>> Btw, what do you hope of a new port?
> I'm not completely sure if I answer your question.
>
> I want port all the components of Synedit to lazarus to be 100% functional. Later I want  port  SynEditStudio components, who allow  loading  the syntax from XML and supports unicode.
ok google brings up mainly Chinese sites for synedit studio => and I
can't understand that...

> The Synedit component support  around the  50 Syntax Highlighter.
there are ported versions of some:

> about SynWeb Some features:    taken from http://code.google.com/p/synweb/
>
>      * faster about 2-10 times than using TSynMultiSyn
yeah, synmultisyn is not a solution, it's a workaround...

If SynWeb is a highlighter, it may be possible to port it to lazarus'
synedit => then folding could be added.
That would however be a considerable amount of work.... (and I do not
have that much time at the moment.)

> How  I can share the code  I've changed with the lazarus project

You can always make it an installable package. Not sure how to solve the
name conflicts though.

> Sorry for my english ;)
No reason to be sorry.
A lot of people on this list aren't native english speakers