[Lazarus] Lazbuild and configuration files

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 19:02:30 CET 2011

Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>> I've got a handful of systems here where, for various reasons, I run
>> lazbuild rather than the IDE when I want to compile a project for test
>> purposes. In general this works well.
>>
>> A couple of days ago I ran lazbuild on a system where I do occasionally run
>> the IDE, but found myself in trouble because I had changed the name of the
>> Lazarus directory.
>>
>> In a situation like this, the options appear to be (i) run the IDE or (ii)
>> edit the XML configuration file by hand. Is there a (iii), e.g. a parameter
>> to lazbuild that tells it to update a configuration file before it uses its
>> contents?
>
> I use my Lazarus in my PC, of course, and from HD external too.
> This HD always have to execute in W: driver, on Windows. So, I made a
> BAT to not have config files errors:
> @echo off
>
> set mypath=%cd%
> set mylaz=%mypath%\ide\laz\0.9.29
>
> cd \
>
> if /i %cd% equ W:\ (
>   cd %mylaz%
>   start lazarus --pcp=%mypath%\ide\laz\config
> ) else (
>   echo "invalid driver"
>   pause
> )

I've got several different versions of Lazarus, each with its preferred
version of FPC and each started with --pcp. That works fine, but then I
went and changed a directory name from \usr\local\share\lazarus-testing
to \usr\local\share\lazarus-newstable and recompiled, whereupon all the
binaries were fine but the configuration file needed changing.

Now it happens that on that machine I could have run the IDE to make the
changes, but on a couple of others doing that would be inconvenient or
impossible.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk