[Lazarus] Get JPEG from TAChart in CGI app

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 20:31:45 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 18:02, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
>> BTW, TAChart can draw to OpenGL.
>
> It's just a wild idea, and maybe TAChart is not feasable. But we to display
> a whole bunch of trend meters in our app.
>
> Fast, and predictable update times, scaling possibilities (the nearly free
> pan and zoom are the main reason for opengl).

Currently, TAChart back-ends are very simple and are only concerned
with actual drawing (in fact, they are called "drawers" in code).
So, zoom and panning in OpenGL mode are still performed by CPU.
My overall vision does include higher-level back-ends
(I currently plan to call them "renderers"), which will handle view
transformation
themselves -- but that requires yet another extensive refactoring,
so I do not think I will be able to do it soon.

> I'm planning to review our opengl routines this summer, and a HUD based
> trendmeter is high on the agenda.

Please send a message when you will start this --
maybe it will motivate me enough to push through with renderers ;-)

--
Alexander S. Klenin