[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Mar 24 14:53:32 CET 2011

On 03/24/2011 02:22 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> I think that the one thing I'd caution is that NFS is poor at handling
> symlinks, and I'm not sure where it stands on locking. If you have a
> server setup that uses symlinks or a client app that requires locking
> then it might be safer to consider other options [waves hands in air]
> should they exist.
My intention is to install it as a remote backup device using "Dirvish",
just moving the now local USB disk box to a remote location on the
Ethernet. So my first preference used to be ISCSI, as the Server PC now
still just sees some "local" disks below the device manager layer. But
NFS should work as well (providing a single disk above the device
manager layer), as I _thought_ NFS would easily support hard links (this
is what Dirvish heavily relies on) and symlinks (Dirvish backups the
symlinks as they are, not following them).

In fact I have no experience at all with any of ISCSI, NFS and Debian,
so I did not dare to start the migration yet.

Thanks,
-Michael