[Lazarus] Indy compilation problem revisited.

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Mar 25 09:04:24 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 09:28:54AM +0100, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > > Meaning: a ppu file is outdated. There is a bug in fpc that can trigger
> > > this. There are several ways to work around the bug. One is to use -Ur.
> >
> > Afaik this bug is not caused by that, but due to includefiles with the same
> > name.
> >
> > Indy copies their .inc file with $defines and compiler detection in every
> > dir, and FPC recompiles on (some?) .inc changes, while Delphi does not.

> Yes, that is not a bug in fpc.
> But duplicated include file is fixed by -Ur, isn't it?
> So, the remaining is something different.

I haven't tried with -Ur, but I could compile Indy easily by fixing this.

I've pointed this out to Indycore many, many times, but they keep mumbling
"difficult, should be exact copies", and nothing happens.

But while in theory exact copy with the same datetime should work (since
their path is the only differentiator and afaik not checked), extracting it
from an archive might already cause problems with the timestamps