[Lazarus] TVirtualStringView (new trunk) and issues with items display

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Fri Mar 25 23:21:28 CET 2011

Hi Ido,

From: idokan at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:26:47 +0200
Subject: Re: [Lazarus] TVirtualStringView (new trunk) and issues with items display
To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
CC: pewilliams2010 at live.com

2011/3/25 Peter Williams <pewilliams2010 at live.com>

Hi Ido,

From: idokan at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:49:02 +0200
To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org

>Hello,

>I have created the demo of TVirtualStringView from the wiki (with few changes), and when I compile it, it just display the first char of the caption of each item, rather then the whole string.

>By Using gdb, I found out that on the TVirtualStringView side, the FOnGetText(Self, Node, Column, TextType, Text); line (VirtualTres.pas, line 31376) have only one char, while on the original code it does have the full string.

>I tried to convert the string (It's only ascii a-z0-9) to UTF-8 thinking that's the problem, but it is not.

>I'm using Lazarus 0.9.31 r30000M FPC 2.5.1 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

>Is there a bug in the new component, or am I doing something wrong ?

I just tried to install VirtualTreeView for the first time and I get these warnings and 1 error:

[snip]
/home/peter/Public/Lazarus_source_code/VirtualTreeView/VirtualTrees.pas(2481,56) Error: Identifier not found "TLMContextMenu"
[snip]

VirtualTrees - line 2481
    procedure WMContextMenu(var Message: TLMContextMenu); message LM_CONTEXTMENU;

How did you get VirtualTrees.pas to compile???

>There are two versions of Treeview for one is old, and require few changes to the package and source, and the other marked as "new trunk". You should use the new trank. [trunk]

I am using the new trunk version.

>The one you use, you need another unit called VirtualTrees, and edit the source code to add the ability to see the editing item on the list (making the TEdit visible by size).

The error above is in the VirtualTrees unit. I don't understand what else you are referring to. I am trying to help you find you error, but I cannot get it to compile.

Lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org

Best Regards,
Peter / pew