[Lazarus] Rescan FPC sources crashes Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 10:06:48 CET 2011

On 25 March 2011 23:55, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma@****> wrote:

> If you don't know the purpose of a variable, why change it?

Well you know programmers, especially 'newbie' ones... They sometimes
do just as dumb things as end-users. ;-)

> The documentation and comment do not say that you should set it.

I haven't checked the documentation, but does it also say you
shouldn't set it. :)

> AFAIK when writing your own thread manager you must set it.

Still no excuse for a global variable. Simply registering that thread
manager with some RTL class could automatically return True if the
function IsRTLMultiThreaded(): boolean is called. Global variables are
renowned for being "unsafe" and so 80's style of developing...
improved alternative do exist now.

  - Graeme -