[Lazarus] Error during Lazarus rebuilding 0.9.30

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:21:13 CEST 2011

On 27 March 2011 18:37, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 18:18:43 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
>
> Do you know about the include file clashes of Indy?
> This creates such errors.

The problem appeared before I added Indy to the system.

>  > > > componenttreeview.ppu is present in the units\i386 directory
>
> Compile with -vut to find out which include file conflicts and rename
> it.

I guess that would be ticking -vu and -vt in the Verbosity options
Can the -vut be set for Environment itself?
The problem appears to lie in the package itself, it appears to be in the
environment.

In my last problem involving Indy,
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2011-March/061679.html,
I had to check the files in the -pcp directory and remove all references to
directories outside the Lazarus installation. I had quite a few and the
directories had gotten mixed up. It appears that when I copied projects from
the old installations to the new ones, the directories linked with projects
got copied to the -pcp folders in the new installation and caused the
problems with Indy and some other packages. This appears to happen even if
you just open project related to the old installations.

I suspect that if you are not careful about how you set the search options
in packages or projects, some of their directories will get copied to your
main installations settings, even though the come from a different component
tree.

I have searched the -pcp folder for directories related to the pre-existing
installations but haven't found any.

I will try your suggestion to see.

>  Mattias
>
> --