[Lazarus] FPVectorial and TAChart

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun May 15 11:42:02 CEST 2011

> Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:
> After fixing that, I was able to view g-code file created by TAChart back-end.
> However, it bears very little resemblance to the original chart :(

I have been thinking more about this and it is as expected. G-Code
does not support Pen, Brush, Text, Font and also not entities. G-Code
by definition only supports plain paths. I think that some machines
should be able to support Pen Width by changing the tool, but that's
not how the machines that I used work.

If you want to save to a file and then load again from the same file
try using SVG. I have implemented a new SVG reader some days ago and
it can read paths. Text and entities are not yet supported. SVG should
be able to support all elements present in fpvectorial (and even some
not present ones), but the writer and reader still needs to be
improved.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho