[Lazarus] TIBConnection + LCLNoGui + FreeBSD

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Wed May 18 20:45:43 CEST 2011

Hi, I wrote a simple console application with widgetype NoGui to
test a connection to Firebird 2.5 on FreeBsd. When I run in the console,
it hangs when the method TIBConnection.Connected := True
is called (isc_attach_database). I don't get any error message, it just hangs until I press ctrl+c.

The conflict is between "interfaces" unit and FreeBSD on a headless
machine (without graphical user interface).

Here's the program:

program test;

{$mode objfpc}{$H+}

uses
  interfaces,
  fpCGI,
  IBConnection;

{$R *.res}

var
  FIbConnection: TIBConnection;
  SQLTransaction1: TSQLTransaction;

begin
  FIbConnection := TIBConnection.Create(nil);
  SQLTransaction1 := TSQLTransaction.Create(nil);
  FIbConnection.Connected := False;
  FIbConnection.DatabaseName := 'test';
  FIbConnection.UserName := 'SYSDBA';
  FIbConnection.Password := 'masterkey';
  FIbConnection.HostName := '127.0.0.1';
  FIbConnection.LoginPrompt := False;

  writeln('--- Here the program freezes ---');
  FIbConnection.Connected := True;
  SQLTransaction1.Free;
  FIbConnection.Free;
end.

If I compile the program with "fpc test.pas" commenting out the
interfaces unit, it works ok.

My setup is this:

Freebsd 8.2 - amd64 - without X.
Lazarus 0.9.31 - SVN Revision: 30780