[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus in ubuntu

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:40:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm not much experienced in linux environment, mostly familiar with windows.
Once successfully installed lazarus in ubuntu having non-limited internet
access, but today I tried to do the same downloading and installing minimum
deb packages  (fpc-compiler and rtl it required) and using sources of fpc
and lazarus from another windows machine.

The problem is that make clean all for lazarus says "Can't find unit process
used by RegisterFCL". I copied the sources to tried to make clean all for
fpc (/usr/lib/fpc/2.4.2/sources) and in contrary to windows tree structure
all output units were created as subtrees to sources (for example
/fpc/2.4.2/source/packages/fcl-process/units/i386-linux/process.ppu) and the
only folder inside /usr/lib/fpc/2.4.2/units was "rtl".

What should I change in the config or maybe something else to solve this? As
I understood fpc.cfg should not contain reference to source files. I read
documentation, great pdf file  about building, but I still miss something.

Thanks in advance

Max