[Lazarus] dtm_maker project compile errors with TList code.

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:53:12 CEST 2011

On 06/05/11 11:24, Peter Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have copied the relevant unit to pastebin.com and here it is:
>
> http://pastebin.com/2v4xw4ep
>
> <http://pastebin.com/2v4xw4ep>
> unit1.pas(191,18) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(192,21) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(193,20) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(194,10) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(195,10) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(196,24) Error: No member is provided to access property
> unit1.pas(197,14) Error: No member is provided to access property
>
> line 191 follows:
> constructor TIsland.Create(const ATerrain : Terrain_type;
> const ATerrain_char : char;
> const Adescription : description_type;
> const Ax, Ay, Alocation_number : integer;
> const Aexits : exit_type );
> begin
> // Save the passed parameters
> self.Terrain := ATerrain;

I don't know why this is happening, but your naming scheme is confusing.
  The function parameters are o.k., but it's common to prefix private
variables with "F", so rename the private variable ATerrain to FTerrain
(hint: use F2 to rename an identifier).  Then you can do:

FTerrain := ATerrain;
etc.

Henry