[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:07:05 CEST 2011

On 10/05/2011 01:24, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
> it supports all basic commands. It's my plan to extend this front end
> in the future and at some time support lazarus packages as well.

I guess you developed it against Lazarus (trunk). Anyway, I just thought
I would let you know it compiles against Lazarus 0.9.30 (stable) too,
with just a few minor changes.

To compile with Lazarus 0.9.30
==============================
1) Remove LCLBase package dependency. The LCL package is enough.

2) Comment line 16 in 'project1.lpr' file.
     //  RequireDerivedFormResource := True;

My comments/feedback:
---------------------
1) Unlike the original fppkg front-end, you hard-coded all text strings.
Those should be changed to resource strings so they can allow for
translation.

2) The idea of the "settings" tab is good, but I think its hard to read
of first sight. Maybe a dedicated Config Dialog would serve the end-user
better - rather than simply dumping all the settings to a read-only
textbox. With a config dialog, the end-user could then edit the settings
too.

3) I really liked the idea from the original front-end project. Having
the ability to run it as stand-alone (normally my preferred choice), but
also as a Lazarus IDE add-on (somebody will probably like this option).

4) Maybe rename the project and actually give it a name rather than
'project1'. ;-)

5) The "Fix broken" button seems to always be enabled, even at start-up,
when no package has been selected yet. What is weird too is that the
button text is painted as an enabled button, but the image is painted as
a disabled button.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/