[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue May 10 11:24:51 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 11:12 +0200, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2011 11:02:07 +0200 (CEST), michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
>  wrote:

> >> I didn't looked at it yet, but how does it works? Does it call fppkg
> >> on
> >> the command-line?
> >>
> >> I'm happy that you are doing all this work, that way I don't have to
> >> do
> >> it. ;)
> >>
> >> But my plan was to do one of the following:
> >>
> >> A: Install the fppkg units, so that these can be used to create
> >> frontends to fppkg
> >> B: Create a fppkg-lib, so that that one can be used to build
> >> fppkg-frontends.
> >>
> >> Question is what is the best option?
> >
> > Since everything is based on classes, I would think that A is the
> > best
> > option. We can create a lazarus package for it, which contains all
> > units as
> > virtual units.
>
>  I would say A as well. However I have no idea what you mean with
>  virtual units. What are they? Also if I'm not mistaking fppkg lives in
>  utils. Should this be moved to packages then?

That's exactly the idea. When those units are moved to packages, they
are available (virtual) to everyone. Lazarus and non-Lazarus. (So making
them a Lazarus package is not the right way, imho)

Problems of this option can be that the fppkg version installed on a
system is different then the version which is used when building the
application. The library solves that problem.

Joost.